Monoprice Maker Select Ultimate 3D Printer For Your Printing Needs
Gone are the days when you had a digital file, all you could produce from it was a single sheet of paper with the image on it. As time and technology progressed, you could get these printouts o different sizes of paper, change the size of the image, get them printed on different materials and today, you can create a whole object! Yes, you read that right, you can create a whole new object from an image on the computer, right at home.
3D printing is the latest technology that allows you to recreate an object by just having a picture of it. This technology lays down layers of a material until the desired height, shape, etc, is achieved, to make that particular object. However, before you can go ahead and click on the print button and expect an object, a 3D model has to be prepared. It is this model that is sliced into hundreds of layers using a slicing tool or a software.
These layers are then printed via a 3D printer which lays them one on top of the other to create the final 3D object. There are different types of software and printers for you to choose from, based on your requirements and budget.
With so many options in the market, it can be difficult for one to choose the one they need. One should first understand the technology, find a purpose for it and analyze how it can be useful to them. After all this, the various printers in the market have to be analyzed to understand which one can meet their needs.
Monoprice Maker Select Ultimate 3D Printer
Monoprice has come up with a 3D printer to make printing a 3-dimensional object with a smooth surface and high attention to details. here is a detailed review about the product to shed more light on it.
Some of the attractive features of this 3D printer are:
- Precision – The precision with which the final object is made is very high. The printer’s resolution is 20 microns and this results in high-quality outputs.
- Sturdy Body – The printer is made of a heated print bed and an all metal extruder body. This enables the printer to handle different filaments and materials to make the object.
- Assistance – The customer care service is always ready to lend a helping hand and make sure all your technical doubts and problems are solved. They have a live chat option, wherein you can call in your doubts and it will be solved immediately.
- Jam Resistant- The printer is equipped with an anti-jam feeder where the filament can be fed in. this prevents any jam of the material that is being fed into the extruder.
- Warranty – The manufacturers back up their claims with a one year warranty. When you are learning to use such a new technology, it is in the first few months that you run into trouble. The warranty period covers this risky period.
- Contents – The package includes more than just the printer. It includes – Spool holder, tweezers, scrapers, USB cable, Micro SD card and adapter, AC power cord, a card reader, and a package of hex wrenches. This ensures you can fix up the printer and use it right away.
Here are some of the advantages on can enjoy by using this product:
- The resolution is very high and enables you to print and make objects with very high precision, a smooth finish and great attention to details. You can create many models for various projects all by yourself and not rely on a professional or an industrial grade machine.
- The printer prints at a speed of 300 mm per second. This results in many layers being printed out in a second, thus getting your job done faster.
- The plate can take temperature ranging from 50 to 100 degree Celsius. When 3D objects are made, it produces a lot of heat and this plate ensures there are no damages caused.
- It can be used with both the Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X, thus allowing you to use it on different machines.
- You don’t have to connect it to a system with a wire or a cord. You can print images that are on your SD card or USB device as the printer can read both.
- When the extruder is not fed properly, the entire job can be ruined. The anti-jam feeder in this machine ensures no such accidents take place.
- The printer is designed in such a way that there is sufficient air flow to keep the machine cool at all times.
All products have their good and bad. Here are some of the not so great features of this printer:
- It weighs 40.2 pounds. It cannot be easily moved around like a regular printer and needs a sturdy surface to place it on.
- The settings may have to be slowed down if one wants good detailing and a good replica of the image at hand.
- The quality of the machine is not great. The buttons might break after a few uses and the fan seems to make a rattling sound within the first few uses itself.
- It does not work with other OS apart from Linux Ubuntu and Mac OS X. Hence if you have an older machine, this printer cannot be used with it.
- When you are printing big projects, the output may not be the one desired for. When the printer is printing too many layers, after the initial few layers, the material tends to bunch up and come out like balls of plastic.
- Big printing jobs may cause the machine to overheat and result in some parts burning or getting sizzled. This is not safe if it is going to be used by kids or at home.
This printer from Monoprice is here to print your small to medium sized 3D projects. Based on customer feedback, it may not be very suitable for large projects. Also, when large projects are in line, an industrial model would be suitable for the speed, precision and resolution will all be higher.
With this printer, you can do your 3d projects right at home or in your office. 3D representations of models always reach more people and have a better impact. Get this printer and bring your ideas and projects alive like never before.